[graph-tool] Functions producing small-world / scale free / ER networks

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Thu Aug 4 11:07:33 CEST 2011

On 08/02/2011 03:03 PM, mehdi wrote:
> small-world -> n : The number of nodes , k : Each node is connected to
> k nearest neighbors in ring topology , p: The probability of rewiring
> each edge

There no function for this yet. It is in my TODO list. But you can
create this easily by creating a 1D lattice (a ring) with the lattice()
function, and than randomly rewire a portion of the edges.

> scale-free -> n : Number of nodes, m : Number of edges to attach from
a new
> node to existing nodes

This is implemented in the price_network() function.

> ER -> n : The number of nodes , p : Probability for edge creation.

This is also in my TODO list, although it is very easy to
implement. Note that, for most purposes, this is equivalent to
generating a random graph with random_graph() and using a poisson degree
distribution with the appropriate average.