[graph-tool] Graph drawing: overlay possible?

Sebastian Weber sebastian.weber at frias.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 8 16:28:50 CEST 2011

This might not be very helping, but I gave up back then, when I had the problem. A solution would be great though…

Cheers

Am 08.08.2011 um 16:20 schrieb Steffen Schaper:

> Hi,
>
> I am quite new to graph-tool and mostly use it for drawing at the moment.
> Thanks Tiago for all the great work you put into graph-tool!
>
> Apologies for hijacking this thread - I hope this okay as my question is
> basically the same that Sebastian had.
>

> Tiago Peixoto wrote:
>>
>>> Theses colors would need to be transparent and the graph layout must
>>> match in each drawing.
>>
>> Transparent colors are no problem, as well as matching the layout (you
>> just need to pass the 'pos' parameter, and set 'pin=True' so that the
>> positions remain fixed).
>>

> That's exactly what I tried, but for me, every time I call gt.graph_draw, I
> get a new layout.
>
> Here's my code:
>
> #create network and properties...
> #first plot. this works fine
> positions = gt.graph_draw(network, vcolor=colorProperties, vcmap=colorMap,
> vnorm=False, vorder=plotOrder, output='out0.png')
>
> # change a few values in colorProperties and plotOrder
>
> # now draw again
> gt.graph_draw(network,pos=positions,pin=True,vcolor=colorProperties,vcmap=colorMap,vnorm=False,output='out1.png')
>

> --
> However, what happens is that the graph gets a new layout which is distinct
> from the first one. Is there something I missed? I also tried to add
> vprops={'pin':'True} to the second call of graph_draw, but that didn't help
> either.
>
> I'm on Ubuntu 11.04, graph-tool version 2.2.14 (commit 39b848dc, Sat Jul 9
> 00:53:56 2011 +0200) [from ppa], graphviz version 2.26.3.
>
> Cheers,
> Steffen

Sebastian Weber
Group of Cell Communication and Control
Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies - FRIAS
School of Life Sciences - LIFENET
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Albertstr. 19
79104 Freiburg