[graph-tool] Pagerank centrality

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Tue May 3 15:15:15 CEST 2011

Hi nvioli,

On 05/02/2011 10:04 PM, nvioli wrote:
> Apologies if I'm missing something, but the Pagerank algorithm doesn't
> seem to be normalizing to the number of nodes in the graph, as
> suggested by the definition.

Yes you are right... The implementation is not normalizing as it is
advertised in the documentation. I have now fixed this, and committed
the modifications to the git repository.

Note however that the non-normalized calculation itself is not incorrect
(in the original Pagerank paper a normalization was not used), and the
results are the same up to a scaling of 1/N. But of course, the
calculation must correspond to the documentation...

Thanks for catching this!