[graph-tool] boost

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Thu May 12 09:35:30 CEST 2011

Hi Janna,

On 05/12/2011 12:45 AM, Janna wrote:
> I can't get past the ./configure because it can't find boost, but I
> installed boost under /usr/local/boost... where does it look for
> boost?

The default is usually in /usr, not /usr/local. But you can specify the
boost root path with the --with-boost option. Note that if you installed
libraries outside the usual paths, you have to tell the linker where to
find them, by setting the LDFLAGS variable. In your case you would do

    ./configure --with-boost=/usr/local/boost LDFLAGS="-l/usr/local/boost/lib"

(I am assuming the compiled libraries reside in /usr/local/boost/lib,
you have to verify if it is the case)

Take a look at "./configure --help" for the many other options you can
use.