[graph-tool] boost

thecolourblue thecolourblue at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:46:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 17/05/2011 22:22, Janna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I went through it again and this is what I get for the boost/python
> location:
>

> I think the problem is that it's looking in /opt/local/lib for the boost
> libraries, but they live in /opt/local/include/boost and it isn't picking it
> up when I put BOOST_LDFLAGS into the ./configure command. I manually input
> BOOST_PYTHON_LIB and it found it but said this:

not sure if there's a bit of confusion there between the headers and the
libraries. Was your boost installation built with python support? Looks
like you have it from macports so you can check like this:

    $ port installed boost
       boost @1.46.1_0+no_single+no_static+python26+universal (active)

you're looking for a +python26 or +python27 I guess. The configure is
looking for the libboost_python-mt.dylib which macports puts in
/opt/local/lib :

    $ port contents boost | grep python | grep dylib
       /opt/local/lib/libboost_python-mt.dylib

The graph-tool configure should find everything you need if you point it
at the boost root directory "./configure --with-boost[=DIR]" - which in
this case would be

    ./configure --with-boost=/opt/local

there should be no need to add flags yourself after this- but if you
did, they would be CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include" for the header files
and LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib" for the libraries.

If you are using macports, then why not use the portfile for graph-tool
(which works very nicely and takes care of all these things)? It is
recommended to use the same compiler for boost, python and graph-tool-
macports provides all of them (just set aside a few hours for compilation!).

regards,