[graph-tool] boost

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Wed May 18 09:06:20 CEST 2011

Hi Janna,

On 05/18/2011 07:51 AM, Janna wrote:
> :info:build graph_geometric.hh:163: internal compiler error: in lower_stmt,
> at gimple-low.c:286
> :info:build Please submit a full bug report,
> :info:build with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> :info:build See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for
> instructions.

This is definitely not a graph-tool bug, it is a bug with the GCC from
apple. I've seen this problem in some MacOS systems (I suppose it is
connected to some versions of XCode). I could find only two workarounds
for this:

   1. Disable openmp support (install the portfile with -openmp)
   2. Compile "by hand" the modules with fail to build, using
      FSF's GCC.

For the second option, you have to be sure that the linking gets done
with apple's gcc, otherwise you will get segfaults later on.

BTW, it is issues like this which makes using MacOS quite annoying, in
my opinion. In GNU/Linux systems, things work much more smoothly.