[graph-tool] No usable boost::python found -- but

Edward Newell edward.newell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:58:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to install graph-tool, but when running  the configure script am
getting this error
"configure: error: No usable boost::python found"

However I installed boost and went through the necessary steps to compile
the boost-python portion of the library.  The procedure to compile the
boost-python portion of the library ends with a test, and this test is
passed with no errors.  All went as expected with boost and seemed right.

I think I might know why the configure script might not be finding the
boost library, though not sure what to do about it.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, which comes with python2.7.  However, I have
installed the enthought python distribution, and this is what I associated
boost-python to during its compilation.  My guess is that this might have
to do with the configure script finding the python that came bundled with
my Ubuntu distribution, and not the Enthought python to which boost-python
is associated.

Would anyone be able to advise on how to proceed?  Is there a way to tell
it the path to the correct python installation?

I also tried installing using apt-get.  The installation seems to go well,
but it associates to the version of python that came with my Ubuntu
distribution, not Enthought python.  I don't believe I can alter the
behavior of apt-get.

I need this to work with my Enthought python.  Any hints would be much
appreciated.

Regards,
--
Edward Newell