[graph-tool] No usable boost::python found -- but

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Fri Jul 20 01:01:59 CEST 2012

Hi there,

On 07/18/2012 03:58 PM, Edward Newell wrote:
> I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, which comes with python2.7.  However, I have
> installed the enthought python distribution, and this is what I
> associated boost-python to during its compilation.  My guess is that
> this might have to do with the configure script finding the python
> that came bundled with my Ubuntu distribution, and not the Enthought
> python to which boost-python is associated.

I guess your enthought python does not precede the default python in
your path. I guess all you have to do is inform the configure script
which python it should use:

    ./configure PYTHON="/path/to/your/python/interpreter"

> I also tried installing using apt-get.  The installation seems to go
> well, but it associates to the version of python that came with my
> Ubuntu distribution, not Enthought python.  I don't believe I can
> alter the behavior of apt-get.

No you can't. Although, if thy python versions are compatible, you can
just add the default python module path to entought's python, which
should allow it to import your system's modules, including graph-tool.