[graph-tool] No usable boost::python found -- but

Edward Newell edward.newell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:16:15 CEST 2012

Hi thanks for the reply!

Actually my enthought python does precede the default python in my PATH.
But I think the problem is not related to python per se, but to the
installation of the Boost library.  The symptom is that while running
./configure (with or without the PYTHON option) config runs until it prints
out "configure: error: No usable boost::python found".  Because of the
possible confusion between python installations I was inclined to believe
it was a problem finding the correct python.  I should say that when
compiling Boost.Python, I did specifiy the enthought python as provided by
its options, and its own testing went ok.

But no matter: I used apt-get and just included the site-packages dir for
my default python install in the sys.path of my preferred python install.
Works!

Thanks for you help!
Edward.