[graph-tool] python3-packages aren't installable in ubuntu?

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Tue Mar 19 11:43:16 CET 2013

On 03/19/2013 02:41 AM, anatol wrote:
> As for 12.10 (quantal), python3-graph-tool depends on python3-matplotlib, but
> there is no such a package in quantal repositories.

I suppose I should make this dependency optional, since it is needed
only for graph drawing. However, it is a bug in Ubuntu Quantal that this
package is not provided. A fully function graph-tool will only be
available one this missing package is available.

> As for 13.04 (raring), there is no python3-graph-tool package at all.

There was an issue compiling it with Python 3, relating to the naming of
the Python include/library directories, and I didn't have the time to
investigate it. I should be an easy fix, however.

> Is there a way to use graph-tool with python3 in ubuntu without building it
> from source and packing .deb myself? Or am I missing something?

Yes, proper packages for Python 3 in Ubuntu are currently
unavailable. This is partially my fault, and I'll try to fix things up.