[graph-tool] python3-packages aren't installable in ubuntu?

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Tue Mar 19 15:18:50 CET 2013

On 03/19/2013 12:57 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>>> As for 13.04 (raring), there is no python3-graph-tool package at all.
>>
>> There was an issue compiling it with Python 3, relating to the naming of
>> the Python include/library directories, and I didn't have the time to
>> investigate it. I should be an easy fix, however.
>>

> one now needs to include two locations:
> /usr/include/python3.X/
> /usr/include/$MULTIARCH/python3.X/
> but we recently added a compat header such that it now should work out
> of the box as before, without any modifications.

Thanks for the info. I included

    CPPFLAGS += -I/usr/include/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/python3.3m/
    LDFLAGS += -L/usr/lib/python3.3/config-3.3m-${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/

in the rules file, and now it is compiling. However, things are _not_
running out of the box. Without these flags, the compiler does not find
pyconfig.h and the .so library file.

>>> Is there a way to use graph-tool with python3 in ubuntu without building it
>>> from source and packing .deb myself? Or am I missing something?
>>
>> Yes, proper packages for Python 3 in Ubuntu are currently
>> unavailable. This is partially my fault, and I'll try to fix things up.

I forgot to mention that a python 3 package _is_ available for the
'precise' version, so that is a last resort. But I'm currently compiling
the new packages for the other versions, so this should be fixed soon.