[graph-tool] python3-packages aren't installable in ubuntu?

anatol hermit2400 at mail.ru
Thu Mar 21 06:15:57 CET 2013

Thanks a lot for quick response!
Installation is easy now, but when I try to import the module, I get

> anatol at ubuntu:~/Dropbox/graph$ python3 test2.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test2.py", line 1, in
> <module>
>     import graph_tool.all as gt
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/graph_tool/__init__.py", line 100,
> in
> <module>
>     dl_import("from . import libgraph_tool_core as libcore")
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/graph_tool/dl_import.py", line 57,
> in dl_import
>     exec(import_expr, local_dict, global_dict)
>   File "
> <string>
> ", line 1, in
> <module>
> ImportError: /usr/lib/libboost_python-py27.so.1.49.0: undefined symbol:
> PyClass_Type

I'm not very good in the black magic of python modules distribution and
can't figure out the whole mechanics right now.
According to 'py27', I suppose that the wrong .so is linked. There is a
/usr/lib/libboost_python-py33.so.1.49.0 that seems to be the correct one.

Is there a way to fix this in place?

Best regards,
Anatol