[graph-tool] Installation with anaconda python

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Tue Jun 16 08:58:25 CEST 2015

On 16.06.2015 02:26, Arjun Chennu wrote:
> Hi, this looks to be a very promising tool. I use the anaconda
> scientific python stack for most my work, and thought to compile
> graph-tool with that. The installer script detects this python version
> and attempts to compile with it. However, it runs into an error with
>
> checking whether the Boost::Graph library is available... yes
> checking for exit in -lboost_graph... no
> checking for exit in -lboost_graph... (cached) no
> checking for exit in -lboost_graph-mt... no
> checking for exit in -lboost_graph-mt-py2.5... no
> configure: error: No usable boost::graph found
>
> The libboost-graph* libraries are installed systemwide.
>
> Attached is the config.log file for more information. I would appreicate
> some help in resolving this installation problem.

The configure script cannot find boost::python, and cannot compile a
boost::graph example. In the latter case, the compiler complains of
missing symbols, which is very strange.

What boost version are you using? Did you compile with the same GCC you
are using for graph-tool? Did you enable boost::python and compile it
against anaconda's version?