[graph-tool] Meaning of vertex_corr in block stochastic?

Tiago Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Fri May 6 18:50:12 CEST 2016

Sorry for the late reply, but there was a problem with the mailing list.

ttfoley wrote
> I can't figure out the precise meaning of 'proportional' to, and would
> like to know where/how it enters into the the actual formulae for
> stochastic blocks. I have tried playing with various limits, and of course
> tried scaling the 'probability' to account for graph size.  For example,
> there does not appear to be a limit where all edges are within blocks,
> though surely this should be possible(assuming the number of edges fits
> within the blocks)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Proportional means exactly that: The probability will be what you give, up
to an overall constant, which is unimportant since the total number of edges
is always fixed.

To force the edges to always be inside the groups, you should set the
probability to zero, whenever r != s.

-----