[graph-tool] Could not link against boost_coroutine

dperry324 dwperry at uh.edu
Tue Feb 7 17:44:40 CET 2017

Hello, I'm having an issue with trying to compile graph-tool 2.20 on RedHat
6.6 using python 2.7.8.

I downloaded, compiled and installed boost 1.61 into /usr/local/boost161

The configure routine seems to be finding the Boost::Coroutine library just
fine.  The problem is when it tests the library it finds and it fails.

I run the command like so:

# ./configure --with-boost=/usr/local/boost161

===========================
Using python version: 2.7.8
===========================
checking for boostlib >= 1.54.0... yes
checking whether the Boost::Python library is available... yes
checking whether boost_python is the correct library... yes
checking whether the Boost::IOStreams library is available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_iostreams... yes
checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_regex... yes
checking whether the Boost::Coroutine library is available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_coroutine... no
checking for exit in -lboost_coroutine... (cached) no
configure: error: Could not link against boost_coroutine !

This to me seems like it is a problem with boost installation, and not
graph-tool.  But I can find no references to this being an issue, so I'm
wondering if this is something that is known.  If it's known, I'm hoping
there's a fix for it.

Is there any thought as to why this fails?