[graph-tool] Correlation Histogram

P-M pmj27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 18:09:47 CET 2017

I am trying to obtain the correlation histogram for a graph of mine following
the example given in the manual. I run:

g = gt.load_graph('graph.gt')
gt.remove_parallel_edges(g)
h=gt.corr_hist(g,'out','out')

My graph is relatively large at 12,238,931 vertices and 24,884,365 edges. My
problem is that as soon as I start the code it runs on 20 processes and
happily chomps through 252 GB of RAM before starting to spill over into the
swap making my machine incredibly slow.

I presume the RAM usage is linked to the parallel processing so presumably
could be tackled if I ran it using fewer processes. Is there any way of
reducing the RAM usage? Or would I need to implement the routine manually to
achieve this?

Best wishes,

Philipp