[graph-tool] Getting all unique values in a vector-valued vertex property map

gogurt gogurt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:26:25 CET 2017

This might be a stupid question, but I have a graph with a vector<str>-valued
vertex property map. That is, each vertex has a vector containing one or
more strings encoding some metadata about the vertex.

I want to get a single 1d-list/array containing all the unique string values
encoded in this property map, over all vertices in the graph. What's the
best way to do that?

I know that I'll have to use the get_2d_array() method on the property map,
but I can't really understand what the documentation means when it says:
"The parameter pos must be a sequence of integers which specifies the
*indexes of the property values which will be used.*"