[graph-tool] Questions about output of "history" of graph_tool.inference.mcmc_equilibrate

P-M pmj27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 16:30:20 CET 2017

I have just run the following snippet of code:

    mcmc_args=dict(parallel = True,niter=10)
    history = gt.mcmc_equilibrate(state, wait=1000,
history=True,mcmc_args=mcmc_args)
    with open('history1.pkl','wb') as his1_pkl:
        pickle.dump(history,his1_pkl,-1)

According to the manual history is a "list of tuples of the form (iteration,
entropy)". When unpickling it however I get a list of length 2000. Each
element in the list is another list of length two containing `nan` as first
entry and then a single-digit integer as second entry.

A couple of questions:
1) I would expect a tuple, not a list for each entry in the list. Is the
manual wrong or is the code wrong? Or did I do something wrong?
2) Why am I receiving `nan` rather than a value for "iteration" as first
entry of my list?
3) Is there a particular reason why the length of the list is precisely 2000
in this case? (Obviously there is, I just haven't quite figured it out yet.)

Best,

Philipp