[graph-tool] Questions about output of "history" of graph_tool.inference.mcmc_equilibrate

P-M pmj27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 18:50:20 CET 2017

Tiago Peixoto wrote
>> 1) I would expect a tuple, not a list for each entry in the list. Is the
>> manual wrong or is the code wrong? Or did I do something wrong?
>
> The point of the documentation was that two values for each step are
> returned, not that the actual type was a tuple. Most code should not care
> about this.

It is irrelevant to my code indeed. Seeing something different just threw me
off.

Tiago Peixoto wrote
>> 2) Why am I receiving `nan` rather than a value for "iteration" as first
>> entry of my list?
>
> I have no idea. I can't reproduce this. You have to send a complete
> example
> that shows the problem

The graph file is 675 MB in size so probably not terribly amenable to
sharing online. If I come across the issue with a smaller file I shall
upload it.

Tiago Peixoto wrote
>> 3) Is there a particular reason why the length of the list is precisely
>> 2000
>> in this case? (Obviously there is, I just haven't quite figured it out
>> yet.)
>
> As stated in the documentation, this is a stochastic algorithm which will
> stop after equilibration has been detected (using a record-breaking
> heuristic). Hence, the length of the history will be different each time.

OK, thank you for the explanation.

Best wishes,

Philipp

--
View this message in context: http://main-discussion-list-for-the-graph-tool-project.982480.n3.nabble.com/Questions-about-output-of-history-of-graph-tool-inference-mcmc-equilibrate-tp4027027p4027033.html