[graph-tool] mcmc_equilibrate - Segmentation fault (core dumped)

P-M pmj27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 12:36:38 CET 2017

Tiago Peixoto wrote
> Note that, as the documentation warns,
> parallel=True triggers an approximated MCMC which will _not_ lead to the
> correct posterior distribution.

I know, the documentation states that assymptotic exactness cannot be
guaranteed if using parallel=True. What I wasn't quite clear on is how
severe the consequences of this are. Is this a case of potentially
introducing a small error or is this a case of "we have no idea what the
answer will say"? If the latter is the case what would a sensible use case
be for switching parallel to True? (I am trying to use it to calculate
missing edges which even with parallel takes very long for the network so I
fear without it it would just not be feasible.)

Best,

Philipp