[graph-tool] error with manual compilation

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Tue Feb 27 21:32:04 CET 2018

On 25.02.2018 15:16, JJ Zhang wrote:
> I also tried install like:
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/zhangxuejin/anaconda
> --with-python-module-path=/Users/zhangxuejin/anaconda/lib/python3.6/site-packages
> --with-boost-python=-mt.a PYTHON=/Users/zhangxuejin/anaconda/bin/python
> CPPFLAGS=/Users/zhangxuejin/anaconda/include
> LDFLAGS=/Users/zhangxuejin/anaconda/lib

The above is wrong for several reasons. First CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS are
invalid. They must be compiler/linker flags, not just directories. This
means that they should be CPPFLAGS="-I/Users/zhangxuejin/anaconda/include"
and LDFLAGS="-L/Users/zhangxuejin/anaconda/lib". Furthermore,
"-with-boost-python=-mt.a" does not make any sense, as this would point to
statically shared object.

Please take a careful look at the documentation:

https://git.skewed.de/count0/graph-tool/wikis/installation-instructions#installing-in-a-specific-location-eg-in-a-home-directory

Compiling graph-tool (or any other C++ library) without understanding how
compiling and linking works in general is not advisable. Instead you should
use macports or homebrew, if using MacOS.