[graph-tool] Nested Block State hierarchy level after mcmc_equilibrate

dawe cittaro.davide at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 11:22:25 CET 2020

I have a question related to this
The documentation example suggests a hierarchy set to 10 levels

bs = state.get_bs()                     # Get hierarchical partition.
bs += [np.zeros(1)] * (10 - len(bs))    # Augment it to L = 10 with
                                       # single-group levels.

state = state.copy(bs=bs, sampling=True)

Is there some golden rule (which I obviously don’t know) to choose such
dimension? Is 10 always a good choice? More important: why I need to modify
the length before mcmc_equilibrate()?

Sent from: http://main-discussion-list-for-the-graph-tool-project.982480.n3.nabble.com/