[graph-tool] Graph-Tool Windows-Usage

Tiago de Paula Peixoto tiago at skewed.de
Thu Jan 16 16:48:51 CET 2020

Am 16.01.20 um 16:29 schrieb PhilippCoelsch:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a PhD-student who wants to perform some network analyses using this
> Graph-Tool library.
> Unfortunately I only have access to a Windows 10 PC and no Mac OS or Linux
> device. I also cannot install another operating system on my computer.
>
> I tried the installation via Docker as described in the documentation,
> however, this is not working as Docker requires me to have an enterprise
> version of windows which I dont have either..
>
> Furthermore, all articles on Nabble are from some years ago. So maybe there
> are some new updates to the windows-issue in the meantime?
> Would appreciate any help for setting up...
>
> Thanks in advance and kind regards,
> Philipp

Graph-tool is not supported natively on Windows, since it would require
a redesign of the C++ modular structure.

Your only options are:

   1. Docker
   2. Installing GNU/Linux on virtual machine (e.g. VirtualBox)
   3. Using the Ubuntu userspace for windows, see e.g.
https://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2016/04/howto-ubuntu-on-windows.html

I don't have experience with any of these options, since I never use
windows.