[graph-tool] Memory requirement estimate for a large graph

Carlo Nicolini nicolinidisi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:00:18 CEST 2020

Dear Tiago,

How is it possible to get an estimate for the memory requirement of a graph
in graph-tool?
I know that graph-tool is built upon C++ and Boost, and the adjacency list
is stored via a hash-map.
Apart from the cost of storing the values of vertices indices and edges
indices as `unsigned long`, what is the memory overhead of the structures
used in storing the graph?

For example, for a network of 1M vertices and 100M links without
attributes, how much real memory should I plan to use, excluding
temporaries?

Sorry if the question is repeated, but I could not find it in the previous
mailing list posts.

Regards,
Carlo