[graph-tool] Specifying number of blocks in a bipartite SBM

Tzu-Chi Yen tzuchi.yen at colorado.edu
Mon Jul 13 11:29:07 CEST 2020

Hi Jamie,

Just to chime in with an alternative. I wrote a program that is capable to
specify the (G1, G2) blocks in a bipartite network, using a flat prior
detailed in a paper. When I started to do the research, graph-tool did not
allow such customization.

Code: https://github.com/junipertcy/bipartiteSBM
Related doc:
https://docs.netscied.tw/bipartiteSBM/usage/explore-consistency.html

The flat prior was meant to be comparable with graph-tool's
`minimize_blockmodel_dl`. If you want a hierarchical partition, you can feed
the resulting partition from the `bipartiteSBM` program to the
`minimize_nested_blockmodel_dl` function, by setting `b_min` and `b_max`
simultaneously it. Graph-tool should build a hierarchy atop.

In the meantime, I am curious to know if Tiago has added the function in
graph-tool, too!

Sincerely,
Tzu-Chi

--