[graph-tool] calling graph-tool from R using reticulate

ALEJANDRO ESPINOSA RADA anespinosa at uc.cl
Tue Jul 14 22:07:20 CEST 2020

Hey Sam,

I just update some notes for something similar in my Github, please
consider that these are my (pretty bad) notes. Maybe it could be useful:
https://github.com/anespinosa/sna_notes/blob/master/sna_r_python.md

Best,
Alejandro

El vie., 10 jul. 2020 a las 22:18, sam (<sam.gyetvay at gmail.com>) escribió:

> has anyone had any luck running graph-tool from R(Studio) using the
> reticulate package?
>
> when i try the following, RStudio crashes immediately:
>
> library(reticulate)
>
> use_condaenv("gt")
> py_install("graph-tool")
>
> source_python(file.path(PYTHON_CODE, "fit_sbm.py"))
>
> gt is a conda environment where i have graph-tool installed. for some
> reason
> reticulate would give an error "module graph-tool not available" when i
> would run it, hence the py_install command
>

> --
> Sent from: https://nabble.skewed.de/

Alejandro Espinosa-Rada
PhD Researcher in Sociology
<https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/alejandro.espinosa.html>
The Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis
School of Social Sciences, The University of Manchester

Coordinator of CHISOCNET - The Chilean Society for Social Network Science