[graph-tool] problem with graphviz_draw()

Rolf Sander rolf.sander at mpic.de
Wed Nov 11 15:32:17 CET 2020

Hello,

After updating graph_tool from version 2.33 to 2.35, I cannot make plots
with graphviz_draw() anymore. Here is a minimal example to reproduce the
error:

#################################
import graph_tool.all as gt
g = gt.Graph()
v0 = g.add_vertex()
v1 = g.add_vertex()
e01 = g.add_edge(v0,v1)
g_dict = {'layout':'neato'}
gt.graphviz_draw(g, gprops=g_dict)
#################################

The error message is:

#################################
Error: Layout type: "n" not recognized. Use one of: circo dot fdp neato
        nop nop1 nop2 osage patchwork sfdp twopi
Error: Layout was not done
Segmentation fault
#################################

I suspect that somewhere the string 'neato' is converted to a single
character 'n'. In my real code, I also get several warning messages
quoting only the first character of miscellaneous strings.

I have python3-graph-tool installed on my computer which runs on Linux
Mint 19.2 Tina (based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, bionic). My graphviz version
is 2.40.1.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Best regards
Rolf

   Rolf Sander                              phone: [+49] 6131/305-4610
   Max-Planck Institute of Chemistry        email: rolf.sander at mpic.de
   PO Box 3060, 55020 Mainz, Germany     homepage: www.rolf-sander.net