[graph-tool] Model Selection across Distributions

kicasta kicasta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:29:01 CET 2020

Hi all,

I´d have a question regarding model selection with different distributions.
When we want to decide the partition that best describes the data for a
given distribution we go with that that gives the smallest entropy. However
say we want to compare 2 different distributions d1 and d2 and the best fit
for d1 gives an entropy value of e1 and for d2 e2 respectively. If e1 < e2,
can we say that d1 describes better our data than d2?

Best Regards,
Enrique Castaneda

--
Sent from: https://nabble.skewed.de/