[graph-tool] graph-tool memory usage

Alexandre Hannud Abdo abdo at member.fsf.org
Tue Feb 9 00:36:29 CET 2021

Ni!

The algorithms in graph-tool are written in C++, just like the algorithms
in igraph are writen in C. In both cases, the C++/C code gets compiled
before installation.

Graph-tool's python library, like the higher level libraries for igraph,
are only interfaces to the underlying compiled code.

Therefore, there is no relationship between "filtering capabilities"
increasing compile time, and the runtime speed or memory consumption of
graph-tool.

For the kind of things you describe, if igraph does it within your memory
limits, graph-tool should do it as well. And for the numbers you give, it
should be orders of magnitude lower than what you're expecting.

Cheers,
.~´